Please Help me set-up an old Dpx Genesis

mpsolutions

Hi everyone,
I really need your help to print to a dpx genesis.
The machine comes with ripmate V 4.1 installed on win 98 computer. But i have no idea how to print to it from mac OSX or win xp.
Do i need a driver for the dpx? If so where do I get it from?
Please help me as I have no idea how to set up this dpx.

There is no PPD for the dpx Genesis under Mitsubishimaging web site. I used one PPD that says Postcript Generic DPX, but does not seem to work. The Mac sees the Win98 PC IP address, but nothing is sent to the Rip. what am I doing wrong?

Did your system come with the install discs for RIPMate? The correct PPD should be on there. I'm using the DPX System with RIPMate 4.2.1. I found my PPD on the Mitsubishi site, but you could always send an email to ECRM too, see if they'll send it to you. Their site has links for legacy PPDs and contact info: ECRM Imaging Systems - Commercial Printing

And remember, when setting up as an IP printer you need to type in exactly what you named your queue in RIPMate, down to capitalization etc. I had to fix that before my files showed up in RIPMate.

Hope this helps.

I guess the problem seems to coming from the win 98 Rip PC, as I does not see the Mac.
can you please tell me how to configure the PC correctly.

I was using a software named PcMacLan years ago, in the Win9x days. You can try to make it work over TCP/IP, but I'm not sure how to do this.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back