Plz give me some information about CTP Machines

mbalokesh

Hello guys,

I have just entered in printing industry, wanna get some knoledge about it. Hey guys could anyone give me the details about CTP machines, what all are the technologies used in it. What is Thermal and Violet? Which one is better and latest one. Which companies deals in Thermal one an that of Violet too. Which Company is best?

Regards
Lokesh Sarawgi

All I can tell you is that we use Thermal and are good for 150k impressions and the chemical should last for about 800 plates on a b1 processor.

Regards

Hi,
I would suggest you something like that: Used Creo Lotem 800v For Sale
Its a thermal paltesetter combined with automated plate feeding, delivery to the developer machine and auto delivery to the stacker(proccessed paltes collector). We use same system and that automation matters for sure, the speed is about 12 plates(half size-605x740 mm) per hour and 8-9 plates(full size 770x1030mm). We got our CTP used (the only new part of the system was developer machine - Kodak) but its been produced when machines were made 'to last forever'. Newer 'chemical free' CTPs as far as i know are expensive, plates too and ive been told that they have problems with lasers - dont last long but very very expensive. New and good thermal machines are made by Screen company, our colleagues have one - very fast 20-30 plates per hour but no any automation :eek:( once again automation matters! It often happens to me to load 30-50 plates in the cassette and start a job - a magazine for example and to leave CTP to work unsupervised and start preparing the next job...
regards

We have a heidelberg prosetter violet machine . 2 actually if you want to buy my old one its for sale. anyway most people seem to like thermal. the biggest reason I hear is that violet chemistry is a dirtier process. frankly if you have had a film processor and plate processor 15 years ago. its easier than those to clean. I have never had a run long enough to test run length but they claim over 200,000. the other claim by heidelberg is that the prosetter is more accurate than even there own thermal units. frankly any ctp will be accurate enough for almost every need. thats the big thing with ctp, you may think that you have had straight plates in the past. but you dont know how far off you are until you see what a ctp unit will do for you. I am a heidelberg type, but others make fine units too.

There are several factors to consider when shopping for a CTP system.
Length of your runs... less than or greater than 100,000
What kind and size presses do you have?
Quality needed for your target market... are you going to be doing top-notch color work or mostly average, day to day, commercial printing.
Environmental issues in your location... Are there any restrictions? Local or State EPA?
How much do you want to spend on a system? New or used?

I do consulting and sourcing in the pre-press and printing industry.
Write or call me direct if you wish and I should be able to point you in the right direction.
KJ Saks...
[email protected]
702-561-5936

Mbalokesh

Mbalokesh

Mbalokesh,
What press are you trying to get a CTP for? The one thing you must consider is the word PROPRIETEY. Meaning you can only use their plates such as Presstek. Find a CTP that can use any plate and will not nickel and dime you to death with set up and service costs.
Research cost per plate etc.
Good Luck
CYMY

Sabs

Sabs

Hi

few many things to consider

how many plates you make a day
what are the quality expectations
how are the environmental issues in your part
what type of jobs are you into
The list goes on

thermal is more popular as the plates are available in a more wider latitude.
The quality is definitely better than violet
violet is ok for moderate quality jobs
its faster
the laser diode is cheaper than the thermal heads
you can have an enviro friendly chemical free plates with thermal
unless agfa has started releasing the azura v to the market in a large scale.

Send me a mail.....
We can discuss more

[email protected]

re: CtP MACHINE

re: CtP MACHINE

Hello guys,

I have just entered in printing industry, wanna get some knoledge about it. Hey guys could anyone give me the details about CTP machines, what all are the technologies used in it. What is Thermal and Violet? Which one is better and latest one. Which companies deals in Thermal one an that of Violet too. Which Company is best?

Regards
Lokesh Sarawgi

DEAR MR LOKESH,

I SUGGEST YOU SHOULD GO FOR KODAK TIGER MACHINE, IT IS HIGHSPEED AND VERY GOOD MACHINE BY KODAK.
IF U WANT MORE TECH INFO U CAN MAIL ME ON [email protected]

hello lokesh

hello lokesh

dear lokesh,

WHat kind of industry are you in?
Is it commercial or packaging or newspaper?

its a lot to discuss from the basic.
and a lot to learn

Thermal will be always preferable as the consumables options are varied.
Violet is just okay as per me.
If you are environmentally sensitive and do something good to this world you may as well go for chemistry free, NOT PROCESSLESS but chemistry free solutions.

DO DROP ME A LINE AT [email protected] we can discuss elaborately.

Sabarish
Technical Advisor
Giffin Graphics

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back