Polar 92 EMC Cutting Machine's Cutting Light Fuse

tyruschen

Hi everyone,

We've been using a second-hand Polar 92 EMC cutting machine for quite some time, and it's been a real workhorse. The only issue we've been facing is that the cutting light isn't bright enough and keeps burning out. (I'm not sure if Polar has a specific term for this light, but it shows where the cutter will make the cut.)

Yesterday, all the cutting lights went out again, and our engineer found that the fuses have burned out. We've recorded a short video showing the markings on the fuses, which read "T4L250V." However, we're not sure about the amperage. You can view the video here:

If anyone could help us with the fuse specifications, we'd be super grateful! Your expertise means a lot to us.

Thanks a bunch for your time and assistance!

We've been using a second-hand Polar 92 EMC cutting machine for quite some time, and it's been a real workhorse. The only issue we've been facing is that the cutting light isn't bright enough and keeps burning out. (I'm not sure if Polar has a specific term for this light, but it shows where the cutter will make the cut.)

Yesterday, all the cutting lights went out again, and our engineer found that the fuses have burned out. We've recorded a short video showing the markings on the fuses, which read "T4L250V."
The fuses that you are referring to are called "pilot light fuses." They are responsible for providing power to the cutting lights on your Polar 92 EMC cutting machine. The fact that they keep burning out suggests that there is a problem with the power supply to the cutting lights.

The markings on the fuses, "T4L250V," indicate that they are 4-amp, 250-volt fuses. You can purchase replacement fuses at most electrical supply stores.

Once you have replaced the fuses, you will need to troubleshoot the power supply to the cutting lights. This may involve checking the voltage at the fuse block, as well as the wiring leading to the cutting lights.

If you are not comfortable troubleshooting electrical problems, you may want to consult with a qualified electrician.

Here are some additional troubleshooting tips:

• Check the power cord to the cutting machine. Make sure that it is not frayed or damaged.
  • Check the fuse block for any loose or burnt connections.
  • Inspect the wiring leading to the cutting lights for any damage.
  • If you have access to a multimeter, you can use it to check the voltage at the fuse block and at the cutting lights.

You're welcome! I'm glad I could be of assistance. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and helping others learn new things. It's always rewarding to see someone's face light up when they finally understand something that was previously confusing to them.

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post another question here, so please let me know if I should create a new thread.

We recently replaced the light bulb and fuses of the pilot light in our Polar 92 EMC cutting machine. However, my colleagues have noticed that the light appears to be too dim. Our engineer mentioned that using a brighter bulb might lead to overheating and more frequent burnouts. I've heard about LED strip lights that are much brighter than traditional light bulbs and operate at lower temperatures. For those who may not be familiar with LED strip lights, you can find more information about them at this link: LED Strip Lights Introduction.

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to replace the pilot light with an LED strip before?

Thank you all for your help.

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post another question here, so please let me know if I should create a new thread.

We recently replaced the light bulb and fuses of the pilot light in our Polar 92 EMC cutting machine. However, my colleagues have noticed that the light appears to be too dim. Our engineer mentioned that using a brighter bulb might lead to overheating and more frequent burnouts. I've heard about LED strip lights that are much brighter than traditional light bulbs and operate at lower temperatures. For those who may not be familiar with LED strip lights, you can find more information about them at this link: LED Strip Lights Introduction.

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to replace the pilot light with an LED strip before?

Thank you all for your help.
I know this is old, but that's what we did on our cutter. I just used one of those cheap ones that goes underneath kitchen cabinets. It has a little switch on it so I can turn it off when the cutter is idle so it doesn't burn out. I just used double sided tape to stick it near the existing bulbs.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back