Polar-Mohr Eltromat 72 problem.

fiprint

Hello,

we have an old Polar-Mohr Eltromat 72 that, just this winter, has picked up a problem.

Now that it is cold it takes a substantial amount of time from switching it on in the morning before it will cut.

The clamp and backstop both move but the blade will not descend unless we leave it to warm up first (often using a heater behind the cutter also). The shop isn't particularly cold and the 2 oil check windows show plenty of oil.

Would I be correct in assuming that it is a hydraulic problem? I saw a post in this forum where someone in a warmer climate had the reverse of this problem (clamp would work but not the blade when it got too hot).

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi fiprint!

It is not a hydraulic problem for sure. The hydraulic function is finished by lowering the clamp. And as far as I understand your description, the clamp is working.
There are two possibilities. I think your machine has already a safety bolt. I do not really know, because you did not mention a machine number. There should be a little round cover above the gearbox. If you have a spare part book check the page 13. This page is regarding the safety bolt (if you have it). The safety bolt is in your machine a horizontal moving bolt of approximately one and half inch diameter. This big bolt is securing the knife carrier. After lowering the clamp and before activating the clutch this bolt is moving out, unlocking the knife carrier and activating the switch b.SB. This safety bolt is after years and years of sliding out of grease and does not move fast anymore. If the bolt moves fast the next question would be the switch.
The second possibility is a delay from the electrical cut circuit or the clutch. But therefore I would ask Binderytech.com in Ohio who the next reliable former Heidelberg service engineer close to you is.

Best regards
Buntpapier

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back