Polyester plates

Lukew

Does anyone know if polyester plates from different manufacturers are in fact different or manufactured from the same factory, IE mitsubishi ?
Also wondering if some polyester plates are better then others, i.e.. have more grain, better print latitude ?

We use dotprint 2 plates which I assume is a mitsubishi plate. Imaged on a DPX machine.

Regards.

I struggle with Dotprint which I've been told is Agfa, they scratch when I load them. I run Mitsubishi all day no problems.

Harvey

Interesting... other then the scratching was there a difference of how they ran?
I swear the dot print 2 poly plates which used to be called dot print """"" have a narrower operating window then the dot print plates we used to run years ago.

Interesting... other then the scratching was there a difference of how they ran?
I swear the dot print 2 poly plates which used to be called dot print """"" have a narrower operating window then the dot print plates we used to run years ago.

For me Mitsubishi run that much better I'd go back to metal if I couldn't buy it.

We buy our plates from pressmans pride, Erik is the guy's name. Our plate maker is a Ripit/Xante and we use Mitsubishi SDP-FRS175 13.3 x 100 8-mil Poly, Matte Back Plate Material Case. ph- 866-319-3334. the plates work great.

Why are you using Poly plates to begin with? Do you realize that they are not going to make them in the near future? That they are more expensive than metal?

Why are you using Poly plates to begin with? Do you realize that they are not going to make them in the near future? That they are more expensive than metal?

Hi tomatron,

"they are not going to make them in the near future?" - please could you explain when you were told this and by whom becuase it's certainly new news to me?

Thanks,

Ian

Most poly is AGFA Setprint or Mitsubishi SDP and is repackaged by many resellers.

Mitsubishi Chemistry has to be mixed ACT(1:1) and STAB(3:1) and the AGFA Setprint Plus comes premixed.

With your scratches are you using paper or poly backed plates and then what thickness plate 4-8mil. Can the scratch be tracked back to any piece of equipment during the imaging process.

Then you have storage and transportation conditions to consider, if the plates or chemistry gets cooked in a warehouse or on a delivery truck. This will cause loading issues, plate fogging and print issues.

Even if you don't believe me about not making them any more, do yourself a favour and compare pricing, metal vs. poly? The only reason I can think of that some one would want to use poly over metal is that they don't have a image setter/processor for metal because metal is cheaper and waaaaaay better!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back