POSCO Sapphire coating on 40" Komori

tpeetros

We are attempting to coat blank sheets with POSCO sapphire solution 3.2% in order to cut the sheets down and run them on an Indigo.

We are running the sapphire coating through the aqueous coater on our 40" Komori 640L. We have run Prisco sapphire before without any issues but the POSCO has a more water like consistency and is proving difficult to run. The Prisco was somewhat thicker and laid down much easier.

Anyone have any tips or tricks on how to run the POSCO coating?

thanks.

I actually have had a few customers that have ran it to coat some digital jobs. From what I have seen, the viscosity difference between a "True AQueous Coating" and the "Saphire Solution" is quite great.

Have you tried just running the Posco product through the water pans on the last unit? You might be able to apply the same technique to your coater unit but don't have it recirculate. Just stay on it to make sure that the levels are constant to avoid burning a roller by running it dry. The only obstacle that I would see is plugging the returns.

If ran through the pans, make sure you really clean the Metering Roller roller thoroughly before attempting to print or you may have issues with plate roll up.

That's how it was done on an older SM102.

Please share your success on Print Planet!

Hope it works out.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back