PP 7.52 refuses to save changes in actionlist

thegnat

Hello,

after upgrading from Pitstop Pro 7.2 to 7.52 it wont let me save changes to any of my local Actionlists.
The privileges of the target folder are ok, I'm admin on this machine. The target file is not write protected.

Pitstop states: "The changes could not be saved in this location. Check if you have sufficient privileges on this file and/or folder. Do you want to save the Action List in the "Local Action Lists" category instead?"

I tried clicking "Yes", but the same message displays over and over.

Does anybody know what issue might cause this problem and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Robert

thegnat,

this is actually according to spec. The default Action Lists database is part of your plug-in package and thus read-only.

So if you want to edit an Action List from this database you will get this message.

Did you check you local database? The change Action List should appear as a copy here.

Cheers,
bert

Hi Bert,

thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, these Actionlists are not stock ALs.
I wrote them a while back in PP 7.2, so they are all custom made.
This is why I don't understand, that PP 7.52 won't let me modify and resave them.

Because I had a fresh install of CS4 (Acrobat 9) and PitStop, I exported the ActionLists before and reimported them back into 7.52.

I checked the local DB, no new generated ActionList in there. Only the long list of imported ones that I cant edit.

Robert

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back