Preps jdf import crashes the app

redlik

I'm trying to import a jdf file into preps for but it causes an instant crash. I'm just starting using preps so maybe it's not the proper way to do it.
The jdf has 3 sections (Cover, 16p inside + 2p insert section).
What would be a proper procedure to use that jdf. Do I need to setup the media +stock first?
I tried both win + mac version and have same crashing result so I reckon I'm not doing it right...
Regards
R.

I would suggest using a PDF in stead of a JDF. Build your job in Preps and it will generate a JDF that can then be used to generate plates. Being new, I would suggest watching the videos on using Preps.

Thnx for the reply.
I was probably trying to take too many shortcuts with jdf file. So ideally I should build all sections manually in Preps, correct?
R.

I would build a template and then let Preps build your publication. Send a private message and I will be glad to attach a PDF of a Preps guide I put together to help 'Newbees'
Blessings!
JimBob

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back