Preps not printing B_Sides

MIDAS

Does anyone know why preps wont print B_sides? For example, we have a 16 pg - sheetwise. We print to PS file and output as ".job_Sg01_SdA.sig" and so on. Normally, it would print an A and a B side. Now it only prints an A side. I don't know if somebody screwed with the settings or what? Baffled...

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks-

In the left hand side of the print dialog there is a check box for "specify print range". If this is checked, then there is access to a pop up menu half way down: select "Front and Back". Or are you perhaps using a one sided template?

If those are not it, take the day off.

Al

Last edited:
Specify print range is off is not highlighted. I did double check the template to make sure it was sheetwise. The thing is, we are using templates that we have used before many times. I even pulled a previous 2 sided job, one that we've already ran and archived, opened the impo file and tried printing. I got the same results. Very weird. I don't work on Preps everyday now, the person who does says they didn't mess with anything, settings etc.. Not sure about that though.

Thanks for the reply...

JC

Hello. Why you don´t do a favor to your company, and to you to save time,lost of money . . . And change your workflow to Heidelberg ? Do you know Prinect Signastation 4 ?
Don´t waste your time with low solutions .
Ask for a demo and check it .

Ok. Thanks padrao. That helps me out a lot.

Anyways, I am able to print b sides by specifying print range and selecting Back. Still, it won't print "Front and Back" automatically like it used to. Not sure why...

Kind of sounds like a device setup issue. When printing from preps, the device setup is important, possibly the previous operator switched between setups like I do often.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back