Preview problem in Artpro

Munsell

I'm running Artpro 10.1.1 with Power Stepper in OS X 10.6.8 on a Mac Pro 4 core 1st gen.

Our workflow is as follows:
1 up - screen in Nexus and create a low res link (with separated preview at 72 dpi)

imposition
-import and analyze CAD
-place links into Repetition layer
-continue with placing marks etc...

Our problem is that randomly, an impositioner is not able to see the art preview so the repetition layer looks blank. Personally, I have been able to get the preview to show up by pressing Command+Y (or turning preview on and off).

The operators say they did not experience this problem until we moved to 9.6. That has slowly happened through the department over the last 6 months, and I now have everyone on 10.1. I have also recently added the separated preview to the .eps links so we can look at the separations in the impo stage.

If anyone has any idea of a fix, please share.

If you are still using a raster workflow and creating Links & Pages, (low res link and associated hi res PSTI file), it might be a hassle but you could create a "Generate Preview" workflow and run the PSTI though it to get a preview. If these are files you haven't had a problem with in the past, you might consider contacting Esko and ask why this is happening after upgrading. I know they are going to move away from raster based workflows, Links & Pages. So it might have something to do with the new ArtPro and PowerStepper not supporting the old Links very well.

cheers

We have had the same issue. The issue is in the 1-up artpro file. Depending on your workflow and available tools there are a few ways to fix it. But if you have an operator that has no preview in the stepped file and generate PDF preview will not work have them jump to the 1-up in artpro and do a SAVE AS with create preview selected. If you just save it will not save the preview. We are on a flexrip so our solution may differ from yours but we needed to add an artpro action list to our workflow to get the preview to save.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back