previewing bleeds in acrobat

musenut

How can I preview whether or not a doc has a bleed that has been hidden (cropped behind a white margin or otherwise) in acrobat 9?

thanks!

You can make page boxes bigger, but that won't help you if there are clipping paths or masks that will hide the bleeds further.
In such case I am afraid you might need third party software to resize those masks to show bleed.
Easy way to do would be with Pitstop and other PDF editors, I am not sure that you can do it with Acrobat itself.
I hope this helps.

I do have pitstop

I do have pitstop

how can I do it with pitstop? I just want to be able to verify that there is a bleed ...

Last edited:
How can I preview whether or not a doc has a bleed that has been hidden (cropped behind a white margin or otherwise) in acrobat 9?

You can see if the file has been cropped, and if so, what was cropped out, by simply choosing "Advanced->Print production->Crop Pages". that will display a full preview of the page with any crop/bleed/trim boxes identified.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back