Prinect 2013 - Install cockpit on newer OSX

RVNG

Faced with a conundrum... We need to install cockpit for a new prepress employee, the oldest OSX we could muster is El Capitan (10.11). We have Prinect 2013, and it will not allow us to install because of Java is too new/different/or something... question: Is it possible to wipe installed Java on El Capitan and replace with legacy Java SE 6? Or has anyone ever faced this task and have a workaround?

Don't worry Heidelberg... we will upgrade our Prinect, not this year however, the purchase of our second press has closed the wallet (for now).

If you need an older version of Mac OS X let me know, I have a few versions for download in the app store, Yosemite, Mavericks and Mountain Lion. Could send you a dropbox link if an older version helps.

Thanks wonderings... incidentally, I just found Yosemite in an ol' Apple ID. Going to give it shot tomorrow, much appreciated otherwise. cheers

Thank you OffsetStorefront,

I found the same download eventually, and yes it works perfectly. Cockpit installed and running well. (with edits to HOSTS file as well). thx

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back