Prinect - Determining Spot Screen Angles

chevalier

I'm aware of three methods to do this in the various Prinect models and programs. Perhaps somebody can enlighten me further and/or elaborate on their experiences. I'm looking for a consistent way to map spot colors to angles to prevent moire in jobs that utilize artwork with intersecting screens of spot colors. I'm looking for a way to do this with predictability without reworking our RIP output parameters constantly.

I'm utilizing Prinect 4.5.1, SignaStation 4.5.4, MetaDimension 7.5.6, PDF Toolbox 4.5.1 (Screening Selector 2.0). I utilize the P license configuration.

Method A (as I understand it only works in Prinect L as L feeds MetaDimension the RIP directions data directly)
Under the Job Settings Tab, Color Subtab set the spot color to the desired screen angle.
I would think this would work in a P configuration as it would force the screening angle data into the PDF in the prepare sequence. This does not appear to be the case or perhaps it doesn't work for the same reason Method B doesn't work (due to our use of the PDF Print Engine).

Method B
Set the screening angles with the PDF Toolbox. This doesn't work due to our use of the PDF Print Engine.

Method C (The only way I can get this to work)
In MetaDimension go to your Output Parameter Templates, select your intended Output Parameter Template, go to the Screening section, Manually add the spot color(s) and it's substitution angle. Therefore you must decide EVERY angle manually, EVERY job. This is because the next job might utilize the same inks but they may interact differently. We have certain jobs that have their own specific Output Parameter Template.

Does anyone have any input to help simplify the madness?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back