Prinect job flag - what does it mean.

RVNG

Hi Folks,

Prinect nubie question... On the Prinect GUI, some of our jobs are flagged with a little hand (see attached). When it has this flag it doesn't allow for new PDFs to be imported. I can do everything else but... does anyone know what the icon means and how to have it return to a normal 'fully editable' state?

Thanks,
Christian

jobflag.jpg

If you hover above anything in Printready, it will give you explanation in popup.
Hand means that jobs need to be adopted, I believe.
Once you adopt the job, you will be able to do whatever you want with it.
Couple of times when we upgraded major versions, we've had to adopt bunch of jobs to make them usable in new version.
You adopt job by clicking on "Adopt job" in one of the menus that I can remember from top of my head, I am not sitting in front of the cockpit.

Thanks so much zoran! Right your are... with the job highlighted you go Job-->Adapt-->Set Adaptation to done (screen cap attached).

much appreciated,
Christian.

adapt.jpg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back