Prinergy 8 and PrintLink

lostmind

Does anyone know if you can still add PrintLink to Prinergy 8 and approximately how much it would possibly cost? I used to do CIP3 files for our Heidelberg’s at my old company many years ago with RamPage but I moved on and it’s 14 years later and our new owner wants me to investigate it with Prinergy. I’m also working with a Komori Lithrone 28 that’s 25 years old and I don’t know if it’s even compatible. (I’m assuming also that PrintLink is an additional option upgrade that does not come with Prinergy correct?) Thank you!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can still add PrintLink to Prinergy 8 and approximately how much it would possibly cost? I used to do CIP3 files for our Heidelberg’s at my old company many years ago with RamPage but I moved on and it’s 14 years later and our new owner wants me to investigate it with Prinergy. I’m also working with a Komori Lithrone 28 that’s 25 years old and I don’t know if it’s even compatible. (I’m assuming also that PrintLink is an additional option upgrade that does not come with Prinergy correct?) Thank you!
Prinergy 8 is well past end of service life, adding Printlink is just a change to your licence but Kodak will not provide any service for products past EOSL. You would therefore need to upgrade to Prinergy 10.
The basic structure of CIP3 has not changed much in 25 years so it would most probably be compatible with your Lithrone, but you also need an interface for the press to receive and convert the CIP3 files.

Prinergy 8 is well past end of service life, adding Printlink is just a change to your licence but Kodak will not provide any service for products past EOSL. You would therefore need to upgrade to Prinergy 10.
The basic structure of CIP3 has not changed much in 25 years so it would most probably be compatible with your Lithrone, but you also need an interface for the press to receive and convert the CIP3 files.
Kind of figured that was the case with Kodak. The console for the Komori has a slot for a CIP memory card but nothing else. If cards are no longer available, I don’t know how the pressman would be able to import the data.

Kind of figured that was the case with Kodak. The console for the Komori has a slot for a CIP memory card but nothing else. If cards are no longer available, I don’t know how the pressman would be able to import the data.
Open up the console and see if there is an RJ45 port, if so, you should be able to connect it to your network and submit files that way. I haven't done this with Komoris, only Heidelberg presses, but I expect the process is similar.

Can you create a .tiff file from Prinergy 8?
Yes, you can do this without a new license from kodak. Then purchase press percent to create cip files from your prinergy tiffs. Press Percent is very resonabliy priced! then you only need to figure out a way to sent to press if its not on a network.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back