Prinergy RIP Option: CPSI vs. Adobe PDF Print Engine

Jon Wood

This is my first post here so if I do something stupid, please let me know (but be forgiving).

All of our Prinergy jobs up to this point have used the Adobe CPSI RIP option and create flattened PDF 1.3 pages. Now we're looking to make the Adobe PDF Print Engine the standard in our Workflow. I've created a new set of refine process plans that don't flatten transparency and inital tests have shown only good things. Before the masses are unleashed to wreak havoc, I was wondering if anyone else who has made the switch might have encountered any problems. I think that the biggest battle during the transition will be getting Digital Operators to check the RIP option setting for each job before they refine any pages in order to make sure they use the correct process plan. Any words of wisdom out there?

Re: Prinergy RIP Option: CPSI vs. Adobe PDF Print Engine

We've been debating on making the switch from CPSI to APPE but decided to hold off since EVO 4.1 is supposed to be released early next month (hopefully). The new version will now allow dynamic process template settings plus the ability to switch between CPSI and APPE on the fly. So instead of cluttering up the process templates folders with multiple process templates using 2 different rendering options, I though it would be better to hold off since it might make migration a little smoother.

Ditto on waiting for 4.1.
There are still issue's w/ transparency and type!!! (use bullets much?)
Got the $3800 dollar credit from Kodak for the paper and irate customer to prove it! Plate did not match proof! Watch yourself.

- Mac

Hi there

Hold your horses with EVO 4!! I have been using Evo 4 for about 4 months and have experienced problems with indy3 dropshadows that have just fallen away.We have the
option to use either CPSI or APPE and I still prefer the CPSI until such time that I have ran enough trials on the APPE.

P_cube

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back