Prinergy to DCS

irreality

I will be installing a new Prinergy System in the next coming weeks. I was just wondering if its possible to create a Screened Press Curve Modified DCS file from Prinergy.

I think it is possible, but once again Im being left out in the cold without some backing. Thanks Let me know.

Craig.

Yes - Prinergy supports copydot & Screened DCS out

Yes - Prinergy supports copydot & Screened DCS out

I will be installing a new Prinergy System in the next coming weeks. I was just wondering if its possible to create a Screened Press Curve Modified DCS file from Prinergy.

I think it is possible, but once again Im being left out in the cold without some backing. Thanks Let me know.

Craig.

Yes, you can create a device dependent, print condition specific, un-alterable set of screened 1 bit TIFF bitmaps that can then be combined into a "this will never become an ANSI or ISO standard" DCS eps file.

Exchanging "digital film" does have an advantage in that there is not much that can become broken (no fonts to embed, no fussy overprints or transparency settings to woory about, and trapping can be already applied and represented)

Of course, if you sent me 500 color pages that I had to convert into an eBook, I would probably send Guido over with a baseball bat to have a talk with you about exchanging PDF/X files, but hey, we all do what we gotta do I suppose.

As Mike says you can create a DCS file in your final output process plan. Your DCS file can be either single or multi file, use RLE compression, add a tiff preview and also make it photoshop compatible. You can calibrate this with a harmony curve and you can also do this with an ICC profile, but I think the latter requires a license from Kodak. Talking of licenses, make sure the output jtp you purchase can output at your chosen resolution, low res and high res jtps are available.

HTH

So We installed the system yesterday and we did just that ... output screened DCS files from Evo..... Im not sure what you mean by licensing.... Well I do know Im just not sure if I have that option or not... I seen LOW res indicated on the packing list.... but no Hi Res. But we were able to shoot out 2400 Dpi DCS files (or at least I hope they were 2400) to our print drive.

I imagine that if we didnt have the Hi- Res Option Licensed I wouldnt be able to output to HI-RES format- and only the LO-RES one would be available for selection.

Either way I think im in business :)

(+)

(+)

Im not sure what you mean by licensing.... Well I do know Im just not sure if I have that option or not...

Dear irreality!

I suppose, only "doing this with an ICC profile" (as JohnHemsley wrote) will require dedicated Prinergy license ("Colormatch on Output").

Either way I think im in business :)

Much success!

Alexey Razumovsky
Development Director
Digital Prepress Solutions Department
Nissa Centre, Russia

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back