Print outputting a few inches short HP Latex 365 SAi RIP

wavedaveprint

I run a HP Latex 365 with SAi RIP. Our shop bought it brand new about a year ago and everything's been running great with the exception of a couple of minor hiccups here and there. We mostly run SAV for signage, etc. This week, I had to run two 27" x 69" panels on window perf. The files looked good in the RIP and the size was correct. The prints were run and printing seemed to run smooth and to completion. However, when measuring the panels before trimming, I noticed that in fact they were short by about 4". I double checked everything I could think of, including the original PDF and size indicated in the RIP software. Everything checked out. I re-started the printer as well and ran the job again. The panels were still short. There weren't any warnings on the printer or software indicating that there was an error or anything. I went back to the source file and created a new PDF. No luck either. I ended up adding enough bleed in the RIP to ensure I would get the right length needed (the art fortunately lent itself to that). By the way, the panels were only short on the length, not the width.

I have no idea what may be causing the issue as it's not doing it on any other material, as far as I've been able to tell. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Thanks,
D

Yes OMAS helps to get the right measurement. If still get the same issue should check the software update.
You are wrong. It helps to get a better looking print by minimizing banding but the trade off in doing so is that it adjusts the feed to do that, which can result in varying print length.

You are wrong. It helps to get a better looking print by minimizing banding but the trade off in doing so is that it adjusts the feed to do that, which can result in varying print length.
Interesting. I tried turning OMAS off for the media I'm using to see if that would help. It actually gave me a better print but it was still short.

Interesting. I tried turning OMAS off for the media I'm using to see if that would help. It actually gave me a better print but it was still short.
If it is always off then you need to adjust the advancement in the media preset.

If it is always off then you need to adjust the advancement in the media preset.
Sorry, not sure I understand. I only turned OMAS off after reading your reply. I then ran a test print with OMAS off and it was still short. Are you saying I have to adjust the advancement in the media preset in addition to turning OMAS off?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back