Print Variable Data PDFs

printing656

Hi Guys,
I'm wondering if anyone has advice on software that is capable of printing hundreds of thousands of pages of PDFs?
If converting to postscript, software must resource duplicated images.
Software must add media calls.
Software must add barcodes to output.
The largest single PDF's could be 30,000 pages long, so software must be server based.
thanks

GMC-mucho $$
Solimar-mucho $$
Planet Press Connect-not impressed with it's clunky new interface
VIPP-not a hardware option
XMPie-Too weak for the task

What else is out there for a mid-size shop that won't break the bank and caches resources?

Not sure how complex the design is or how good your software skills are but I've used the Python Pillow (PIL) library before. Free but you need a little coding experience. I used it to pre-process the PDFs with variable images before RIPping.

Reactions: EEM
The largest single PDF's could be 30,000 pages long, so software must be server based.

um, so, you think you want to generate a 30,000 page PDF and then rip it / print it ?

Are you nuts ? Better said, have you ever tried to print a 30,000 page PDF ?

No one does that. PDF/VT (or find a app and printing system that supports PPML)

We had an account where we used HP Smartstream to generate a variable data pdf that was 8,000 pages long and sent to an Indigo 5600. ABSOLUTELY CHOKED THE RIP. I can't imagine a 30,000 page pdf! We had to break it into smaller chunks to get it to go.

Callas pdfToolbox is a very solid product, which must be able to do what you're looking for. There comes a lot of intelligence (and way more via scripting), and perfect results, 99.999 percent of the time.

Hi Guys,
I'm wondering if anyone has advice on software that is capable of printing hundreds of thousands of pages of PDFs?
If converting to postscript, software must resource duplicated images.
Software must add media calls.
Software must add barcodes to output.
thanks
Fusion Pro can handle it. Be for warned... the most recent update of Windows 10 has created a few issues with Fusion Pro. They at resolving it and should have it updated soon .

PSL Page Builder Pro by Jet Letter can do everything you need without mucho $$.

Full disclosure... I'm associated with Jet Letter.
PSL Page Builder all day every day. Hands down the fastest I have used. Takes time to get used to, but it flys. I did 100,000 record mailer in 12 minutes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back