Printing firms that can accept orders vai a web interface

edisonia

Hi,

We print sheet music in low volume, usually 5 copies of each work. There is typically a 8.5x11 10 page booklet (26# paper 11x17 paper folded in half) and a card stock glossy cover (all B&W). The booklet is stapled on the edge to keep the pages in. We can use page imposition software to deliver the booklet contents as a PDF and another PDF for the cover. Inside this booklet we need to include "loose" instrument parts. This are the same size booklets without covers, usually 1-5 pages each, these parts typically aren't stapled - even if multi-page. There are usually 5 of these parts included inside each booklet. Everything I've described is available in PDF format.

My questions are:

1) Are there printers out there who we can email this info to in order to print them "on demand". Or is it just too complicated without custom explanation each time?
2) Are there printers out there who have a web services API whereas we can send them the info via an automated system? I quickly checked out Fedex/Kinkos but I think this is too involved for the tools they've provided.

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed,

I wouldn't recommend email - too many ways for a job to get messed up without a lot of manual intervention. Many printers (like us) will have a facility to create a personalized price list that you can order off on line. That way all of the o/p is automated, the artwork is tied to a specific order & proofing etc is streamlined. Our system is called "custom prices"; the names will vary, but just chat with a few printers & you'll soon see whether they can accommodate you.

there probably is a printer close to you that does the web order sheets already. where are you located. on small runs like this shipping might be costly.

Mimeo Does This

Mimeo Does This

Hi,

My company can probably do this nicely for you, and we have a really nice web interface for submitting your jobs. If you send me an email with your contact info, I will have one of our people call you (and forward them your explanatory note). Or you can just visit Online Printing Company - Mimeo.com, or call 800-Go-Mimeo.

Chuck

Hi Ed,

I'm at Ricoh Proffessional Services and we do this type of work for several customers. It sounds like once you get it set up it is fairly standard. Again, I don't know where you are in the country. I'm in Southern California but Ricoh has these print centers in Georgia, New Jersey and Texas. Below is the link if you want to check us out. Best of luck.

Ricoh Business Solutions - Document Lifecycle Managment Services

Lisa

Find your local Kinko's and go into the store where they'll be printed and talk to someone. We've had great success in bypassing their website and mailing files directly to the store's email address. We do rack cards and talked to the manager of the Kinko's closest to us. Once the manager understood the specs for each one was the same from month to month, we were able to send him a pdf, let him know the quantities and we picked them up at the store usually same day. I agree that their website is pretty useless for small stuff you need printed, but as I said, if you strike up a relationship with your local Kinko's, they should be able to take care of you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back