Printing Gurus Please help to identify the machine / technology. Thank you.

OkiTech

Hi guys, we have received a "SOS" signal from motheland (Eastern Europe). There is a machine exist that prints on heat shrink film that later being heat shrinked on to bottles. We need to buy the machine or find someone who have it running here or both. I figure it must be a UV web press that joints media in to tube at the exit but I don't really know the name of the machine nor exact definition of the technology.
Apparently they have a 5-6 month wait line to print the products and placing their orders as far as Turkey, I would love to bring some of those on American soil - figures - why not. Any information / education would be truly appreciated.
Please reply here or email me - [email protected] Roman.

The ones I've seen are printed using Comco ProGlides (Flexographic). Not sure on the UV part (I would think you'd have ink cracking issues if it were UV). Then the tubes are formed/seamed off-line.

At least that's been my experience.

I presume you are referring to a "Shrinksleeve" which is printed on a web press (likely flexo or gravure). My company produces these products and we do print this on a comco flexo press where we have done this both uv and waterbased.

After the rolls are printed they are moved to a seaming machine that will use a chemical to bond the plastic to create a tube or sleeve. I have never seen this done in-line with a press and there are several reasons why it wouldn't make sense.

There are many companies that offer this type of packaging all over the world and it shouldn't be hard to find a supplier.

If you've never printed shrinksleeves before and are unfamiliar with flexo or gravure printing. It's not exactly the easiest or turnkey style of equipment.

American Fuji Seal does tend to dominate the market in the US. and in Europe it's Sleever International. My organization is a smaller player in the North American market and there are quite a few flexo shops that can offer this product.

Feel free to contact me if you would like us to quote on any projects for you.

Some others,

"Ideal Sleeve" performs this type of work Flexo as well...."Hammer Packaging" does this type of work Offset out of New York...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back