Printing to Riso HC5500 using Windows 8

Joergen

Hello!

I have not succeded to print to my Riso HC5500. The problem may be, the firmware in the IS70C do not work with 64 bit. All looks to be all right with my driver it says it is working, and the only but important issue it will not print.

The firmware in the printer is np2All Ver 0.00, Sub program 1 is p2IP ver 3.07, Sub program 2 is P2MC ver 3.07, Sub program 3 is p2PR ver 3.03.

Rip IS700C System software is 1.21R-1333.166.

May it be newer firmware (probably for the Rip IS700C) which could work? Any advice?

Is the problem the rip IS700C sofware expect 32 bit?

Any who knows where to get the sofware and which version?

The Equipment works as copier so I do not suspect any hardware is faulty.

I believe you will find that you will not be able to obtain a new print driver that is compatible with Windows 8 (especially 64 bit) for this box. The HC5500 and IS70C is now three generations old and I can't see Riso releasing a new driver (most manufacturers will keep their current generation updated but not work backwards). Our solution for this problem has been to retain a system that is compatible with the driver just to run the printer - not convenient but simple solution. To be sure you would need to contact a Riso dealer and inquire.

An undated driver with support for Windows 8.1 can be found on the RISO site at:

RISO Download Center

(us.riso.com then Link to Print Drivers in list at lower right. Select External RIPs. Identify product/language so get a list of appropriate drivers.)

Note -- your IS 700 will require a firmware update. Contact your RISO dealer.
Chris Herb

I actually have a driver for Windows 8, and I Think it is the firmware update needed. I have seen newer versions than I have, just do not know where to get it. The closest Riso dealer is 600 km away, and it is hard to get service.
I will try to get in touch via phone.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back