printready question

rbailleu

I am buying a used prosetter with printready. I know it has a lot of neat features. I am just a little confused on how it integrates together. is printready part of metadimension or another separate program. do you install printready and super cockpit on the meta rip and use is from another system like the signa machine. the heidelberg website is not real clear on this. currently I just output files from signa to meta. would this change a great deal. it appear that many prep functions could be highly automated.

Re: printready question

We use PrintReady in combo with Meta and Signa. It gives you preflighting options for your files. You can also attach customer information and apply color management to files as well. I have set up many workflows using PrintReady.

on the rip I am trying to buy, it has signa, meta, supercockpit, printready, and all the options on one machine. it has floating licenses so it can be run from any machine on the network. so is running signa over a network a good Idea. I assume all the pdf's would be on the meta machine. so you are only running a preview over the network.

We house signa on our printready server. The server keeps all layouts and marks so all machines can access them. Signa is loaded on different machines and the machines access the server for the information it needs.

Hi Rob,

With Prinect workflow, we have designed the systems to be scalable. As you know, MetaDimension can be used as a RIP or as a workflow. By adding Printready, MetaDimension is then used as a renderer whereas Printready becomes the overall automated workflow. Depending on the performance level/production requirements, they may be on the same server or multiple servers.

Regards,

Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA
Product Manager, CtP & Proofing

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back