Printready Upgrade problems.

Fletch

We finally received our Printready upgrade (4.5.1) and now we are constantly getting a 'License Server Unavailable' message, which renders the entire system unusable. This has already happened 2 times today, and probably will happen a few more times today. It's really becoming a pain, and is slowing down production. There are many other bugs we;ve come across, making me wish we'd never upgraded.

Anyone else having similar, or different issues?

I had a similar issue with Meta.

Weird but true. We lost power when an electrician tripped a switch while it was proceeing a file. I think it was some sort of loop problem with the USB internals.

It was on a stand alone server with no keyboard or mouse (USB).
As soon as I plugged in a keyboard and mouse it worked.

I have noticed that we have to restart everything if the server restarts. that includes ppi and cockpit.

also sometimes on a restart it takes a while for the server to have the network startup. and printready wont start until the network is up. then cockpit will start but I have no printers until we restart ppi. dont ask me why.

If the problematic services are registered with Windows, you should see them in the services list when you run "services.msc" from Start>Run. If they're in there, you can edit their parameters. In the recovery tab, you can tell Windows to automatically restart them if they fail. This wouldn't actually fix anything, but it would automate the restarting process.

Printready=PrePress Manager 4.5

Printready=PrePress Manager 4.5

The first thing to check is your firewall or Antivirus software .
Most anti-virus lead to very strange problems like the one you have .
Hope this can help

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back