Prioritizing work flow in Prinergy

slehning

We are running Prinergy 5.0.3.2
Just curious if there is a way to set at the Administrative level in Prinergy to have certain processes to automatically take priority over other processes. In other words, perhaps a rules based that when a job set off to the plate work flow, would take precedence over VPS creation, Proofing, or refining.

I know there is a way to do this at the edit process level on each job, by setting the priority manually. Such as setting the priority to High or Urgent. But I was curious if there is a way to automate this function in Prinergy so when a job is sent off to plate, it would automatically take priority.

Thanks for the Help in Advance

You can build an RBA rule for certain process or group of processes that you can initiate manually.
In the rule you will be able to choose the priority level you want.
In the RBA rule you will have to set 'Manual Trigger' as initial event and then build the chain of the processes you want to run with it.
In order to start the process in Prinergy then you have to right click on the object this rule is associated with (separation, imposition) and go to 'Enabled Rules" sub-menu.

Alternatively, you could put all your proof JTPs into a pool, direct plating process plans to the last one in the pool (i.e. Proof512#4) and direct all vps and other proof outputs to the pool. Good chance that rarely will #4 be ripping anything but plates, but it's there when it's needed by heavy proofing and worst case scenario is your rush plating job is always the next job to process on that JTP once it's done it's current job. And if you can't even wait for that, then you abort the job that's processing and your plate goes right away. (This works very well for us.)

- Roger

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back