problem with proof lines drawing to edge of sheet

mufftang66

The proof rule up lines are drawing to the edge of the plate image area on all my proof output devices including imposed pdfs, even though I have the option 'draw lines to the sheet edge' checkbox selected in Signa. A Heidelberg tech recently upgraded all of our systems and now the proof lines don't seem to behave correctly. Signa is version 4.0.30

I can turn them off and on completely in the sequence but no matter what, they always draw all the way to the edge of the plate area no matter what I select in the Signa preferences. Before it seemed that the proof lines just ruled up the page area and that was it.

On a montage job proof rule lines from other pages are drawing overtop and right through adjacent pages that ar different sizes in which the trims don't line up.

Gonna have to put a call in to the tech but I was wondering if anyone has ran into this before? or it there some option I am missing?

Its a bug.. epeacially for combination runs where there are different pages sizes and the proof lines run across the page. Has been around for a couple of versions but not fixed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back