Problems emptying my trash bin in MAC OS X!

Neo87

Hello all,

I have this situation where I had to uninstall Flightcheck but when I did that and try emptying the trash bin it wouldn't let me. Anyone have ideas? Would greatly help. Thanks!

Neo87

Re: Problems emptying my trash bin in MAC OS X!

Ron,

Have you tried holding down the option key as you empty your trash?

Jim

Ron! It's Brad. How's the new job?

Restart your computer and try to empty the trash or go to Finder->Secure Empty Trash.

all the "cool" berliners come and answer on this thread...

cr

good to see you here ron, hope all is going well. tell dan i said hello!

cr

Hi Brad, Hi Chris!

Brad jobs doing fine. LEarning a great deal of knowledge in the digital printing. Thanks for asking. OVerwhelming at first, but I'm steadily adapting to the digital world.

CHris, I'll tell Dan you said hi. Hey when do you want to get together with the rest of the Berlin Alumni's? We should hookup after work on a Friday night or something.

For the trash bin: Yes, whenever I tried holding option and clicking the mouse to empty trash ; I'm getting an error code called -8062. Any ideas guys.

Also, while we're on the subject. My CS3 apps (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) are all crashing whenever I open any files. Tried reinstalling the CS3 program but still crashing on all 3 apps. Should I reinstall the operating system. Running MAC OS X over here where I work. Never really had to reinstall MAC OS before. Mosly reinstall OS on the PC. Any tips from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

Ron,

On CS3 issues, do they hang/crash when the fonts are being loaded upon startup? If so, then I would use a program like BatChmod (search on google, it's free program) to make read/write permissions on all fonts folders (Fonts folder in Applications; Fonts folder in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts; Fonts Folder in /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts). I would then move any fonts not required to another location and just keep the Req'd fonts in the system. This may help the Adobe programs launch.

Don

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back