Problems ripping files larger than 13x19

ceprinted

Registered Users
I am having an issue with ripping large format files to our MGI DP 60 digital press. The press uses a Pro80 v2 System 8r2 rip and we send PDF files to it through EFI Fiery Command Workstation 5.3.1.32d.

My issue is that when I rip a file larger than 13x19 it only prints a portion of the image at a size of 8.5x11. I have attached images of what is happening, the first image is roughly what the file looks like (i know the image is just pages stapled onto a sheet but the file is the same layout), the second image is how it is printing out of our press. I currently have no issues ripping and printing anything smaller, this only seems to happen on larger format prints. I have tried multiple files however, as long as the image size is greater than 13x19 they all seem to produce the same results.

From what I can tell, I am using the most up-to-date drivers and versions of the software. I am currently using InDesign CS6 to create my PDF's.

We did run one test by generating a PDF using InDesign CS5 instead of CS6 and it did not produce the same results, the file printed correctly. Unfortunately our entire art department and the majority of our customers are using CS6 so this is not really a solution for us.

I am not really sure where this problem is occurring, if this issue is related to the version of InDesign, related to Command Workstation, or related to our Fiery rip.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this issue? Or does anyone have any suggestions that might help point us in the right direction to getting this resolved? We tried to call Fiery but they directed us to the forums stating that as end users it would really be our only option. I did post on the Fiery forums however I have not gotten any replies which is why I am reaching out to the print planet community.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

CE Printed
digital 1.JPGdigital 2.JPG

I appreciate the help, we actually just figured out the issue. It turns out that a setting in Command Workstation for "Text/Graphics Smoothing" was causing the printing issue. As soon as we unchecked this option our file printed normally.

I appreciate the help, we actually just figured out the issue. It turns out that a setting in Command Workstation for "Text/Graphics Smoothing" was causing the printing issue. As soon as we unchecked this option our file printed normally.

in my case i went in to Fiery properties, under the IMAGE tab, i changed the dpi setting from 1200 to 600 and prints started coming out normal not chopping the image off

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back