Proof Disclaimers in Electronic Proofs???

bgardner

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to share any proof disclaimers they may use in the email of electronic Proofs.... I know a lot of people use the usual like this PDF Proof is used for content verification only, not to be referenced as color accurate etc. etc.

I was wondering what other shops used, especially if anyone mentions along the lines that additional proofs will result in additional cost and the like

If you use a "proof sheet" for hard copy proofs, include a PDF of that as the first page in your PDF Proof to be emailed. Require they electronically sign the PDF in Acrobat.

Just a thought...

Does this help?

Does this help?

Attached are pdf proof(s) for your review. Please reply with revisions or your approval to continue production.

Thank you.

** PDF proofs are for content verification only. Images have been aggressively downsampled to allow for transmission via email. This may cause images to appear jagged, or blurry in the PDF proof. PDF proofs are not to be considered as color-accurate, even on color-managed screens. For jobs submitted in color spaces other than process (CMYK) or properly tagged Pantone colors color shifts may occur when converting images to the final output colorspace. Contract color proofs are available upon request. Additional Proofs after initial proof will incur an additional charge. New files supplied or changes to supplied files will incur additional charges for each submission or request. Typical charges for new files are $253.00 for each submission. Modification charges start at $428.00 per hour.

Thank you,

Let's be honest about this...

Let's be honest about this...

How many customers have calibrated monitors? Even with physical proofs, how often do customers use florescent lighting in a office?

I think you need to be up front that this is CONTENT proofing and not COLOR proofing.

With the economic downturn the the high cost of driving printers need to give their customers an alternative to driving in to see a proof.

Of course I would suggest a solution that allows for customer markup, correction and tracking. I'm biased of course.

William Volk
Founder, ZipProof.com

...Typical charges for new files are $253.00 for each submission. Modification charges start at $428.00 per hour.

Thank you,

WOW!! Do you wear a mask when you send that? Even with the exchange rate thats a lot to charge for amends and re-submission of a proof. Do you get many people coming back for amends?

surely you jest!

surely you jest!

and we just lowered our prices.

Reality is that thinking that everyone would "get it" I changed the numbers to avoid getting into a pricing discussion. Back in the old computer to plate list talk of real pricing numbers was not proper netiquette.

Other than the prices this is the actual message we include with an "eproof". We are looking at more interactive tools to replace this process.

stephen

my email signature. . .

Your consent to print is confirmation that you have read and agree to abide by our Printing Trade Customs. Brass City Printery does not assume financial responsibility for reprinting if typographical errors (yours or ours) are discovered on the final product after approval.

Brass City Printers - Printing Excellence Since 1916

We also include the attached PDF.

Attachments

• BCP Proof Approval Form.pdf
    188.9 KB · Views: 457
we use something real close to what lammy uses but it never seems to sink into the customers head to actually check the files we send em. there's always 1 customer who misses something and tries to get us to reprint it for free.

WOW!! Do you wear a mask when you send that? Even with the exchange rate thats a lot to charge for amends and re-submission of a proof. Do you get many people coming back for amends?

I knew someone would highlight the cost mentioned here... that's not really that much in steppy's market. Consider the marketplace before analyzing the dollar figure. I couldn't charge that here in my area, but certainly would in his. It's all relative...

it was a joke!!

it was a joke!!

We do NOT charge $428/hr for revisions. I changed our prices to an EXAGGERATED number to clearly avoid starting a pricing discussion.

I should have used $XXX.00 or other very neutral indicator. I apologize for the attempted humor and resulting confusion.

stephen

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back