Proofing Help

kansasquaker

Hi, I'm hoping somebody here can give me guidance with my proofing situation. The background is complicated, but here are the facts I'm dealing with:

We have two proofers, an epson 9900 and a 9800.
We have EFI colorproof XF 4.0 and our license only allows for one printer.
We need to use colorproof (or something else) to drive both printers.

Does anybody know if it's possible to add a second proofer to such old software? I'm not even sure where to start. Would I better off buying an entirely new proofing rip?

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer!

A newer proofing rip may bring additional benefits over just driving multiple printers but in lieu of that, have you tried contacting EFI? Surely they will be able to provide you some options.

pd

I did call EFI. I'm sitting by the phone waiting for a return call . . .

Better to call an EFI dealer, you'll get a quicker response.

If you're happy with EFI I'm sure the most economical choice to stick with that. However if you're looking at options check out GMG and CGS-ORIS as well.

I did call EFI. I'm sitting by the phone waiting for a return call . . .

Since I love to bash EFI (and usually it's richly deserved), I figured that I should post and say their response to me was very quick. The person who called was very knowledgable. He gave me part numbers and list pricing right away. Of course I have to buy through a dealer, but EFI actually did well for me this time.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back