Prosetter, past it's sell by date?

suttonae

Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum.
Searched through the posts to see comments of the Prosetter Family.
I'm a dealer who owns two and I'm trying to find out what value these have ( I have a 74 and 52, 52 has 30mw laser).
I see a lot of posts regarding Violet technology. In the UK Printers seem to have moved away from Violet, in spite of the recent processless plate offerings.
If anyone can point me at a resource showing specs and discussing relative merits I'd be most grateful.
A good home for both would be a bonus!

prosetter not past sell date

prosetter not past sell date

I heard on friday that a certain large film company is dropping all film production in march. 50% of the worlds film gone in 6 months. entry level ctp is going to be needed.

The death of film has been coming a long time - speaking as a guy who completed an apprenticeship in scanning and film assembly - I should know.
However will the Prosetter be attractive? I hear complaints that it is a dirty process compared to Processless plates. Can the Prosetter compete with alternative chemistry / plates?

Andy Sutton
[email protected]

my source was a salesperson for konica. I don't know that it was ever released.

also the violet is not that messy. worst case you dump the rinse tank daily. unless your like maxing out the prosetter. then you might dump the rinse tank every 4 hours. plus processless is coming next year.
for a company starting out violet is a great idea.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back