Protective Packing for UPS shipping

pworlledge

When shipping a large sign say 3'x6' or similar size, how do you pack it to protect it from damaging in the sometimes violent shipping process?

Is it a banner sign that can be rolled up and put in a tube mailer or a hard 3 dimensional sign like on the buildings of stores?

If it can be rolled up, then priority mail has these triangular mailing boxes that work well.

If it's a large solid sign and can be broken down into smaller pieces then I'd use a lot of bubble wrap or those foam bags and ship them in smaller boxes.

If it can't be broken down I would put it on a pallet or make a custom crate (there's also companies all over that do this service) then the crate can be filled with various packing supplies and ship it freight. If you use a crate or pallet then I'd make sure the sign is strapped down inside to the base of the crate/pallet so it doesn't shift.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back