PSTI options

Munsell

I was wondering if anyone had any good options for dealing with PSTI files. We are sending a lot of old jobs to be outsourced. They are all either PSTI, TIFFIT or prescreened DCS2 files.

Right now, a vendor is having particular problems with a PSTI. They have a facility that can process TIFFIT files. I converted the PSTI to a TIFFIT in our Nexus RIP. For some reason that conversion process caused the file to mirror, although I don't see any settings to mirror (or not). Nexus has a convert PSTI to PDF module, but the PDF it outputs is pretty scary looking (basically a ton of little squares).

Has anyone run into this issue, and if so what was the solution?

In the TIFFIT conversion settings do you have to specify emulsion up or emulsion down? Or maybe it's listed as right-reading or wrong-reading.

I was wondering if anyone had any good options for dealing with PSTI files. We are sending a lot of old jobs to be outsourced. They are all either PSTI, TIFFIT or prescreened DCS2 files.

Right now, a vendor is having particular problems with a PSTI. They have a facility that can process TIFFIT files. I converted the PSTI to a TIFFIT in our Nexus RIP. For some reason that conversion process caused the file to mirror, although I don't see any settings to mirror (or not). Nexus has a convert PSTI to PDF module, but the PDF it outputs is pretty scary looking (basically a ton of little squares).

Has anyone run into this issue, and if so what was the solution?

Trying going to an earlier module in the workflow. I believe in the Band to PSTI module you can find the option you are looking for. I have a PSTI to TIFFIT workflow in Nexus that works great. I have used it to send ads to major publishers. This workflow will also create a composite proof, which is sent to our Epson proofer. I can give you more details about this workflow, if you wish. Also, what version of Nexus are you running?

-Sev

We're running 9.5. I'll have to look into the Band to PSTI option. Any info on your workflow would be great.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back