Ptr 4100 - transport unit does not ascend

zronix

Hello friends PrintPlanet,
Today I experienced a problem with unprecedented SCREEN PTR-4100.
He was working normally when I received the message: TRANSPORT UNIT DOES NOT ASCEND.
Restarted the system and the message continued. I removed the plate from the machine already recorded. Rebooted and the problem persisted. I called a serviceman Screen, he told me it was a 90% chance of being a component of the BOARD that was not sending voltage to the motor transport unit. He asked me to do tests Up and Down ... I did what he asked and the error persisted. I then asked him if it could be the dc motor or other factor other than the controller board. Anyone have any idea what can be?
I am grateful to all!

Check the dampers for gas leakage, they are on either side of the loading bed. Could be that the loading bed doesn't ascend high enough to trigger the sensor (PH55A or H) or ascends unevenly.

Check the dampers for gas leakage, they are on either side of the loading bed. Could be that the loading bed doesn't ascend high enough to trigger the sensor (PH55A or H) or ascends unevenly.

Hello Greg, thank you for your interest in helping.
I moved the gear manually until the motor carrier unidde rise until the end. Following Actuator entered the Test and gave the command dawn. The transport unit did not come down. The engine shows no sign of life, as if damaged. I'm told that may be the component of that board is not sending enough signal to crank the engine. But it would happen so suddenly? Without having even been a previous failure? With the dampers check gas leak? Also use the service menu?

Last edited:
I assumed you could raise and lower the loading path by sending a signal from the actuator test screen. It looks like an electrical problem.
If a damper is defective, there may be some oil at the base the damper or on the floor inside the machine. It can cause the loading path to ascend unevenly - this was the problem I encountered.

I assumed you could raise and lower the loading path by sending a signal from the actuator test screen. It looks like an electrical problem.
If a damper is defective, there may be some oil at the base the damper or on the floor inside the machine. It can cause the loading path to ascend unevenly - this was the problem I encountered.

Greg
Not that I would question your ability. But have the customer check the home and away sensors. I have had where the top sensor was defective so the machine shows that the path is up and down on one side. So it will not move because it is not in a logical position. Also. Check all interlocks. Have the customer check by doing a laser calibration or a laser power measure.

I thought the 41009 had helper springs down the tube to assist in lifting the pathway.

:)Hello Greg and Raymond,

I want to thank you for being interested and post their ideas in this post. At the base of desperation I managed to solve the problem. The steps were as follows:

1 - Testing was coming up tension in connector which is connected to the motor of the transport unit. Result: No tension was coming.
2 - With a 24v source tested the engine. Result: Engine was OK.
3 - Remove the power distribution board to the engines and try to find something unusual: Results: We found a Datasheet Code: TA8429H was damaged. All datasheets this board has the same code and are brand Toshiba.
4 - We take the card to a shopping center pieces of electronics, found the datasheet and ask them to replace.
The cost of the repair was $ 15.00 and the datasheet U$ 12.50.

Problem solved. I hope this post can help people facing the same problem since I got into despair, but now the machine is working and everything is fine!

Thank you very much!

Greg
I thought the 41009 had helper springs down the tube to assist in lifting the pathway.

It does does have two springs in the square metal tubes that hold the transport unit. Dampers that Greg mentioned are parts that are helping to rise and keep up the "hood" - the access cover to transport unti - of the machine

Interlocks can be switched of for test purposes via key and lock on the left side of machine.

As I understand, the transport unit does not move down when you give the load command? It could be the motor (which you would know by strange sound or no sound) or it could be the electronics that command the motor.

As Screen tech told you, test it. Best way: hook up the voltmeter to transport unit motor leads and give command to lower the transport tray as he described. If you read the voltage change, your motor is faulty. If you don't read voltage change, your board is faulty or in rare case wiring.

Wish you best of luck.

Hello friends.
The problem happened again with the recording of 66 plates. We change again the integrated circuit and returned to work. Now our nightmare is finding out what is causing the damage to the IC. Source voltage we discarded by reason of the other IC are in order. If that were the source voltage will damage the rest also. And grounding, wiring and everything else is in line with the standards. An electrician told us that the dc motor can is with coal dust, which could solve a cleanup. Coal dust returns to the board voltage which can cause damage to the IC. Remove the dc motor, cleaned with a brush and now we wait to see what will happen.

Thank you all.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back