Pull up banner (how to make)

BigSi

Hi There. I realize these are fairly simple to put together (I just don't want to cock it up, first time I have done one of these). I have all ready printed a banner on my solvent printer (Mutoh) arppox 2meters x 50cm. I have purchase the stand. I see it uses a double sided tape and locking pin system (brand is "fusion"). Maybe someone can flick me a link. ta Simon

Pretty straight forward. The hardest part is getting it mounted straight so that when it rolls up, it doesn't smash one edge into the side of the stand. Other than that, it should be smooth sailing.

thanks kdw,. Was hoping for a youtube clip. I was told you need to apply more 2side tape than it comes with? (not strong enough). Have you found this to be the case?
I'm guessing different brands will be different. ta Simon

thanks kdw,. Was hoping for a youtube clip. I was told you need to apply more 2side tape than it comes with? (not strong enough). Have you found this to be the case?
I'm guessing different brands will be different. ta Simon

I've built many of these and as kdw75 says, the most important bit is getting them on straight. Also, take care when taking the tension pin out after assembly, as they are under a lot of tension and can whip out of your hands if not careful, which can cause damage. Never had to add more double sided tape to them.

I use the 2 sided tape that comes with it and then for added protection I just take packing tape and run a strip over it. Never had any issues.

I basically do what this guys does in this video with the exception of the top part, I just put the bar on the edge and let it clamp down.

Thought it had gone well! until customer came to pick up. Pulled up to proudly show the finished product only to discover this on the edge!!!. I guess I have made a fraction to wide?. It looked like the correct width. Damage is almost 1/2 way up from the bottom just on the left hand side. I could understand it if it did it the first time I pulled it up but worked quite well for 3/4 times before this happened. Your thoughts please.

Attachments

• banner cock up 2.jpg
    banner cock up 2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 269
  • banner cock up1.jpg
    banner cock up1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
I have found the pull up banners we use to be reasonably forgiving. Did you use a template made for your hardware? I got templates for the different pull up stands we use and just follow them, never have an issue.

thanks "wonderings" I have asked the supplier for a template (no luck) Is this case it is suppose to be a standard 2000mm x 850mm pullup. I'll do the remake a little narrower but I should not have to. thanks

If it is crooked it can rub against the side and not roll up properly. I always follow it down when pulling the pin out and make sure everything looks ok.

Thanks Woundering, I have made again and it seems ok. I have come to the conclusion it was a dodgy unit from the supplier. thanks

Re: Pull up banner. Hi there, Does anyone have a template for the brand "Fusion" and size in metric would be handy (I can convert if need to). 850mm x 2000mm. ta Simon.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back