QR auto fill a form

Mark

I've been asked to make promotional qr codes that when scanned would enter the (about 400) users info in a form for a contest. Anyone have experience doing that? What's the best (free/cheap) way to do that?
I've made qr codes, but never like that.
Thanks

My thought is to create a unique number for the user data then create a barcode for each number.
This gives you a unique url that is parsed at the website.
When the user hits the 'barcode' website it connects to the user data and fields populate, ie - the database record gets returned to display for that user.
Sounds like more of a web coding problem than a QR code issue.

This makes my head hurts. My kneejerk reaction would be to tell the person no, however, It is technically not that difficult to do.

You'd have to make a unique QR code for each user that includes the user id number in the url the QR code is associated with (something like www.blah.com/form?user-id=000) Then use a database query to pull the info and populate the form. You could probably get someone to code this for you relatively cheaply since it's only a couple hours work for any competent programmer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back