QR code

spharris

has anybody had any history running QR codes on coated stock 70# gloss on web press I have a job that the QR code is built in 4/c process 90%BLK 74%cyan 67%magenta and yellow my digital person says she cant change to 100% blk because embedded file or something its all greek to me when it comes to digital ......also the job will be running on a markII hanscho web press .....are the tolorances suppose to be very close on QR codes so they take you to the right website?????? and what are the tolorances????? thanks for your help.....steve

It should just be a bitmap and I don't know why it would be "impossible" to change. There are a bunch of sites that will generate a code for you as an .eps file or .png - as long as you know the url, you could just make a 'fresh' one. It just has to be clean enough for the camera on someone's smartphone to get a good picture. We test all ours with an iPhone or a Blackberry before a press run just to be safe.

Qr code

Qr code

thanks for the info i will let my digital person know and yes we are using a smart phone for the quality control of this job thanks again

Here's a link to a desktop QR reader that works with a webcam, I'm currently using it throughout our plant as a QC measure:

Desktop QR Code Reader | dansl

As far as modifying the color of the code, its not impossible. It's probably not a bitmap, it's more than likely vector image and any Acrobat plug-in like pitstop or standalone software like Illustrator or Dalim's LiTHO will easily be able to change the color to just black. Its more than likely the CMYK equivalent of RGB Black that you're converting from, nothing new there.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back