QR codes variable data Cut and Stack

Risbojah

Hello everyone, i wish you all well
I need help with a problem:
I print some cards on a digital printing press, every card have a numeration and a qr code, and the qr code needs to contain that same numeration number that is on that card.
My question is how do cut and stack imposition with all this variable data?

For now i use in design data merge but it cannot do cut and stack so we have to manualy collate cards by numbers which is a big job since we have 10.000 cards by every run

Thanks for any advice

I use fusion pro to do this merge and impose in one step. But I guess you could use any competent imposition software to to do this as a step two.

We use HP Smartstream to data merge and impose, or if the data has already been merged, we use a cut & stack imposition in Preps.
We also have XMPie, I haven't used that for VDP, but it's supposed to be the gold standard.

Continue to merge the data in InDesign. Quite Imposing has a couple of functions that will handle what you're trying to do with the layout.

Upon completion, are these cards being mailed (contain a mailing address)?

If so, are you using some sort of postal standardization/presort software?

Most presort software will north/south split (cut/stack) your cards on output. All you have to do is to tell it how many up are on your page. It's usually just a block you check then it will prompt you how many up on the page.

Hello everyone, i wish you all well
I need help with a problem:
I print some cards on a digital printing press, every card have a numeration and a qr code, and the qr code needs to contain that same numeration number that is on that card.
My question is how do cut and stack imposition with all this variable data?

For now i use in design data merge but it cannot do cut and stack so we have to manualy collate cards by numbers which is a big job since we have 10.000 cards by every run

Thanks for any advice
I like Quite Imposing. Works with PDFs. For around $1,000 it has many great features including n-up impose. Cut n Stack. If you use the help email link in the SW, the support guy will call you back and help you. Charles James. Very helpful. Couple times I did, called in under an hour. USA

I will second Montax Imposer. A lot of neat features for a small price (including hot folder and variable data automation!).

pd

Upon completion, are these cards being mailed (contain a mailing address)?

If so, are you using some sort of postal standardization/presort software?

Most presort software will north/south split (cut/stack) your cards on output. All you have to do is to tell it how many up are on your page. It's usually just a block you check then it will prompt you how many up on the page.
No, they just need to be shipped in pack of 1000 pcs arranged by numbers

Quite Imposing did the trick. I impose in indesign one card per page and then sort them on sheet with Quite Imposing

Will try to use fiery to see if there i can do the same

thanks every one for advices

This is a simple cut and stack for imposition software. I use and like Imposition Studio Pro. I do this type of imposition all the time, it is easy and simple and you more have to worry about whoever is cutting then you do about the imposition itself. An imposition for something like this takes less then 5 mins to setup once you understand the software. Very easy.

Don't know if this helps but, I use BarTender to create the QR's from an excel spreadsheet as the data source and tell BT how I want it laid out (rows, columns, space between, size, etc.). Then I print to PDF and take that into Illustrator for finalizing the press sheet. Probably not a great solution for 1000's but it worked for me doing about 200.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back