Quark 7.5 update!

Tech

Quark: QuarkXPress 7.5 Updater

Surprised I found this update when I heard literally nothing about it. The only reason I found this is because Quark 7.3 is a really pain when it comes to its poor ability at importing different PDF formats.

Quark update is Crap

Quark update is Crap

Hi,

I updated to the new version and now if I try to copy or cut using the selection tools the program crashed and the Quark bug reporter comes up. I can copy text and picture content, but not the actual holder box.

I have sent my angry letters to Quark all ready but was wondering if anyone else had this occur.

I am running OS X 10.4.11, 1.8 Ghz power PC G5, 2 GB Ram

Updated from Quark 7.3.1 to 7.5

Hi Prep,
I have yet to experience the same issue, but I'm running it on Intel Mac. So far it's actually quite stable for me. I suggest removing Quark's preference file or Save As that file to a different file name and see if you can reproduce the same problem or try opening that trouble file on a different workstation. If persisting, your last resort would be reinstall 7.31 and avoid 7.5

updater

updater

QuarkXPress 7.5 should not be employed in QPS 7.3 and 7.4 environments.

Does anyone know what this means?

The fix for Crashing Quark

The fix for Crashing Quark

Hi,

I solved the mystery of why Quark was crashing on copy and cut operations using the direct content tools.

In the applications folder I changed the name of the quark folder to QuarkXPress 7.5 and the problem went away.

Of curse, I solved this without any assistance From Quack as they never seem to help anyway.

Can't they even make an upgrade function?

It probably means if you are using Quark Publishing System 7.3 or 7.4 that you should not update your Xpress to 7.5. Which is worrying in itself!

RE: 7.5 Updater and QPS

RE: 7.5 Updater and QPS

The reason this is mentioned is that QPS 7.3 and 7.4 are optimized to work with QuarkXPress 7.3x and 7.4 (which was a limited release built for QPS customers only). QuarkXPress 7.5 incorporates all the fixes that were put into 7.4, plus a few others. We just released QPS 7.5, which is optimized to support changes made in QuarkXPress 7.5.

Generally speaking, we try to keep anyone in a QPS environment on the same version level as the application, which allows for a managed update/upgrade at each site...thus the warning against running QuarkXPress 7.5 with older versions of QPS.

Craig Lanning
Solutions Manager
Quark, Inc.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back