Quark 8.5 update

I did the update here with no issues that I know of. Quark is used by about 3% of our customers and I would never have paid up update. I gotta admit tho Quark 8 is the best version I've run on OSX.

David, Buckeye: Let's get Mikey! He'll try anything!

Almaink: Thanks, please let us all know if anything crops up.

I was going to install the update, then just decided not to waste my time. I have opened up Quark about 6 times in the last 12 months. For those 6 times it worked fine, so not going to mess with it as I don't want to fight with Quark for those extremely rare occasions I have to use it. We have no customers using Quark, just a few files that were originally set in Quark and have not been converted over to Indesign.

I just installed it yesterday. It started up fine. Then I closed it. No problems so far. :D

You kinda have to wonder if there will be a Quark 9? We are seeing a decreased amount of Quark files come in, some I wish they were using InDesgin because of Quark 7's poor effects/transparency handling (or lack there of). Version 8 is much better, but with everyone watching the numbers I think the next round of updates will see more leaving Quark behind
sign of the times I guess.

p

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back