Question about kodak trendsetter

amomtaz93

Hi everybody:
About two weeks ago I had a new installed kodak trendsetter ,So far no problems in production put for some reason the software licens is online updated monthely?? . Is any of you faced such a situation and if i want to have a USP protection dongle instead of the online update do any of you hv that permanent license ?

Hi everybody:
About two weeks ago I had a new installed kodak trendsetter ,So far no problems in production put for some reason the software licens is online updated monthely?? . Is any of you faced such a situation and if i want to have a USP protection dongle instead of the online update do any of you hv that permanent license ?
As far as I know, Kodak no longer provide USB licence dongles, all licences are now managed through their servers.

so we should repay monthly?? and i wanted to have a valid permanent licence wt to do??
Hahahahaha - You didn't get the memo?
EVERY major software company is now 'leasing' their product.
Got to make those shareholders happy. . . . .

so we should repay monthly?? and i wanted to have a valid permanent licence wt to do??
You can still purchase a permanent licence, it's your choice, but it still needs to connect to the licencing server to verify validity from time to time
We have Prinergy and Expo as permanent licences, and Insite & KPS as monthly.

We went round and round with Kodak for months.
The permanent license just kept bouncing off on an irregular basis.
Then when the ?new? version came out they said that they couldn't fix the old version because it was now 'unsupported' and to get support for the new version I would have to pay for the new version and the service contract which just so happened to come to roughly the same dollar figure as if I had just paid for the floating 'lease' license in the first place and every future 'update' would be paid and if I skipped an update they would just add the price to the next upgrade.
Told them 'no thanks.'
We are suffering - slightly - with only the one floating Preps license but we are glad we didn't buy the complete Kodak Kool-Aid package.
We are using a different product for digital presses which works just fine thank you.
And we LIKE their products.
Sigh.

We went round and round with Kodak for months.
The permanent license just kept bouncing off on an irregular basis.
Then when the ?new? version came out they said that they couldn't fix the old version because it was now 'unsupported' and to get support for the new version I would have to pay for the new version and the service contract which just so happened to come to roughly the same dollar figure as if I had just paid for the floating 'lease' license in the first place and every future 'update' would be paid and if I skipped an update they would just add the price to the next upgrade.
Told them
wt were that ctp (and software) you talk about ??

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back