question about spray powder setting

Albert Noel

after over 10 years of using the same powder, we've come into far too many issues lately and decided to try out different slightly larger size powder. we've decided to move from a 25-30 micron to a 30-35 size.

our roland 300 has a graphix hitronic S unit and the throat at the "hopper" for the powder has a choke setting. ranges from .01 .02 .03 up to .10 ect. it's always been set at .02 since it was installed (we've always used the 25-30 powder) and im just curious if that setting changes in relation to how fine the powder is? i can only assume so.

since we are moving to a 30-35 micron power, do i need to change it to .03mm to work correctly?

as stated previously, we've only ever had it on that same setting for the last 10 years using that same powder.

this may be a stupid question, but im unsure and i want to avoid clogging and/or reruns

sprayer

sprayer

running man roland 300 with same sparyer,for what ever reason the super wanted to change spray powder... why,just to see if it can runwith less.. computer settings 2 and 10% box control set on 0.2..yes we can and do run this,,but yiou make suer your temp nver get humid this will clogg it up..and allways put it on test mode to clean out lines fo packed powder

kind of issues?

kind of issues?

Albert Noel: just out of curiosity: what kind of issues are you coming into lately with your traditional powder?

we are having no issues with either powder,, going through lean manufacturing,, just watch the humidity, if it gest humid the sprayer may want to pack up like flour and not spray,,we push test to purge lines after weekend shut down

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back