Question for fine art printers?

bronzeo

I am getting ready to purchase my first printer.... hp z3200ps. I was wondering ho much work over 24", that I might expect to come through the door? I will eventually be buying a second printer for backup and different productions, but I was wanting to buy the smaller printer first with postscript. Then later purchase the larger. I am a artist myself and I think 24" would be the largest print that I would consider for sale in my galleries. I know that the larger stuff will come, but just getting started, want to hold back a bit. Thanks for your opinions... Jack

Everyone will have a different answer with different percentages... but we are able to run about 95% of our work on 24" material. Either buy the larger printer to be able to run what you need, or plan on outsourcing the larger prints.... just my opinion. We run 24" material on a 44" printer constantly... but are able to put in the 36" and 44" material when needed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back