Quick Creo IC.304, v2.1 imposition question

CathieH

Hi there.

I imported a 4x6 postcard into my Creo so I could impose it 2-up on an 8.5x11 sheet. My experience has always been that when you do this, you input the number of total postcards you want to print, not the number of sheets because the Creo is thinking only of the 4x6 card, not in terms of sheets. But my Creo is thinking in terms of sheets printed, not number of postcards.

Isn't this unusual?

Something about this rings a bell...but its been about 3 years since I've had any experience with the Creo rip
a setting perhaps?

Hi there.

I imported a 4x6 postcard into my Creo so I could impose it 2-up on an 8.5x11 sheet. My experience has always been that when you do this, you input the number of total postcards you want to print, not the number of sheets because the Creo is thinking only of the 4x6 card, not in terms of sheets. But my Creo is thinking in terms of sheets printed, not number of postcards.

Isn't this unusual?

The Creo used to do the math for you but with the new versions you have to do the math yourself.

Thanks for the replies. I don't mind doing the math, but it just kinda freaked me out. Good thing I caught it before I ran 1500 pages instead of 1500 postcards.

You could use an external imposition solution like Absolutely Imposing. Our super easy to use plug-in for Acrobat will do all your impositions in seconds and it is device independent. You can try a demo for free. Simply send me an email request. AI is only $450.

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics Inc.
raymond @ imposition.com

Thanks Ray. I really don't have much use for impositioning as our graphics department generally does it manually, but I'll keep this in mind if things start changing around here.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back