Rampage server disconnects from Mac

bash

Hi, our Rampage server disconnets from the Macs randomly, we came in today and the Macs had a message something like - your servers are unmounted and Rampage will close - it's happened 3 times in the last two days, but before that everything had been fine. We've not modified the system during this time. Any ideas? Thanks.

Is it all of the macs or just random macs? If it is random macs... make sure they are not going to sleep. This will disconnect the network every time.

Thanks for the reply! It's random, my mac (in another room) didn't disconnect but it disconnected while another operator was working on a job, and overnight also.

I also have had problems with Macs going to sleep and disconnecting from the server. I would say that you should set the computers to never go to sleep, and perhaps you should shut the Macs down at night so none of the Unix clean-up stuff affects the connection either. Is there a reason you leave the Macs on overnight? I shut down everything except the server at night.
Having this happen when you haven't changed anything in the set-up is odd. If it just cropped up out of nowhere perhaps you should shut everything down and restart the server, then the RIP and shooters and lastly the Macs, sometimes that can nudge everything back in to line.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back