Random artifacts on poly plates...

pressmanken

We have an older model Ripit Imagesetter that is producing random imaged vertical lines at different locations on the plates. They are about 1-2 inches long and usually appear near the lead edge of the plates. Many times I can e-image the plate and the line will not reappear. Other times, I have to re-burn several times until I get a clean plate. I suspect the laser is somehow causing this, but am not sure how. It doesn't seem to be dust, as it doesn't run horizontally across the plate from margin to margin.

Verticle lines on a RipIt system

Verticle lines on a RipIt system

We have an older model Ripit Imagesetter that is producing random imaged vertical lines at different locations on the plates. They are about 1-2 inches long and usually appear near the lead edge of the plates. Many times I can e-image the plate and the line will not reappear. Other times, I have to re-burn several times until I get a clean plate. I suspect the laser is somehow causing this, but am not sure how. It doesn't seem to be dust, as it doesn't run horizontally across the plate from margin to margin.

I'm factory trained independent RipIT technician...
Verticle lines almost always are caused by either the processor (online or stand alone) or if you don't have the online variety they may be coming from your take-up cassette.
If neither of the above check to see that the entire film path from input cassette, through the rollers and across the surfaces is free of debrit and nicks or scratches.
The Laser cannot cause random lines or artifacts.
Check out all the above and if all else fails call or write direct....

Kim Sakowski

KJSAKS Enterprises, Inc
3839 Reflection Way
Las Vegas, NV 89147
ph... 702-561-5936
e-mail... [email protected]

plate marks from Ripit imagesetter.

plate marks from Ripit imagesetter.

Kim,
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I took apart our take-up cassettes and the plates are coming out cleaner. It appears the scratches were coming from the light seals on the cassettes. A good cleaning has shown much improvement, so far. Thanks for the advice.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back