reading test charts/ test forms

beanz

Can anyone point me to the right direction regarding the different elements in the test form and how they are used...

i was rummaging through the intarwebs and just ran into this one article by ken rizzo..

for example:
star targets - fine dot at center = good ink and water balance, larger circle means over inking, so and so means slurring..
slurring doubling lines - thick horizontal lines means expansion in the machine direction, blabla...

any and all inputs shall be greatly appreciated :)

Can anyone point me to the right direction regarding the different elements in the test form and how they are used...

i was rummaging through the intarwebs and just ran into this one article by ken rizzo..

for example:
star targets - fine dot at center = good ink and water balance, larger circle means over inking, so and so means slurring..
slurring doubling lines - thick horizontal lines means expansion in the machine direction, blabla...

any and all inputs shall be greatly appreciated :)

I'm not sure I understand your question.
Press test forms are diagnostic and measurement tools designed to determine help printers determine and evaluate the current press condition.
They typically contain diagnostic targets, process control targets, standardized targets, and standardization targets. Commercially available ones usually come with a guide (often poorly written) as to how to perform the test using that test form - the blah blah you referred to. In many cases there is an assumption that the user of the form knows how to conduct a press test, what to look for, and how to evaluate the results.
If you could tell me which target elements you are referring to I might be able to explain its function. Are you specifically trying to run a press test or are just curious?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back