Recommend a plotter printer

Macmann

We are searching for a plotter to print out blueprints, die lines, and proofs. It needs to integrate with ESKO Automation Engine. We had an HP Designjet that worked well-just got old. We have an Epson UltraChrome but that is a little too nice for our everyday needs. Toner or inkjet-based? 36"roll and quick. Any preference?

If your HP DesignJet "that got old" worked well, then why not get a new (or newer) HP DesignJet? Hard to beat the reliability and consistency of HP DesignJet plotters and prices have fallen, not gone up. I don't know how old your previous DesignJet plotter is/was, but a new "comparable" model will likely cost less than the previous one did.

That said, if you have a high volume of output to do, you may want to consider one of the lower-end HP PageWide XL models.

Agreed-the HP was great...from 1997!!!! The problem is, I just found that Esko has a very specific list of printers they support so my question should be re-posted in the Esko forum. We just need a content proofer not contract or mock-up.
Thanks for the response.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back