Recommendation for offline CTP solution; 4/4 and A3 max format

PrinterProspect

Cheers people,

I am looking for a CTP solution for a shop, preferably offline.

The less chemistry, the better.

I want to do metal plates and use em on Heidelberg GTO 34 and Ryobi 3304.

Printing on mostly coated substrate.

I will most likely get a used unit but I am not sure which one to get.

I am not too excited about the Glunz & Jensen or Epson solutions.
They seem to lack high quality capability.
Talking 200 LPI at least.

Let me know if you have any suggestions and/or experiences.
Please include what you have paid for yours.

Best Regards

Try AGFA , we have an Avalon N4 plate burner and an Azura processor, very small amount of chemical, easy to clean, but I'm not sure on the price but I know it wasn't maybe quarter of the amount of the other processor we just replaced.

In reality the Avalon N4 is OEM-ed by Agfa and manufactured by Screen in Japan. It is an equivalent of a PlateRite PT-R4000 series model.
I would advise to consider the following issues before buying a used CtP system for chemistry-free plates:

1. compatibility with chemistry-free plates. Some CtP do not have enough "laser power" to print this type of plate. The result could be a very low productivity (few plates per hour) and quick depletion of the laser.

2. availability of plates in your area. You want to make sure that what you are buying is compatible with a plate that you have an easy access to.

3. availability of technical service in your area. You want to make sure that there is an engineer that will help you quickly and inexpensively, when you need it. Also make sure that the parts are easily available (not the case with some older CtP models or the ones made by "odd" manufacturers)

4. condition of the CtP device. It may be wise to consider a reconditioned and certified unit, as oppose to an "as is" system. In general terms, what works for one printer, may not be adequate for jobs that another printer does. I know of many printers who have bought a system directly, went to see it working before the purchase, only to find out that they have to spend more money for expensive parts and complicated installation when they brought the system to their facility. Sometimes it may be best to buy a system with assurances like warranty, installation by the seller, etc.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or comments.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back