Red Reveal Printing

jlind

This is a "gaming" or "contest" application. You put on these special glasses and the world makes sense, and maybe even dollars and cents. Does anyone use this gimmick? Is there special software, like HumanEyes that you have to buy? How much? What are the system requirements?

John Lind
Cranberry Township, PA
724-776-4718

With the age of the underlying technology, I don't think there are any current patents for the creation of a red reveal game piece pattern. I did find some but they were more specialized in the application (transparent game pieces, using colored light rather than a filter for viewing).

I did a little testing with this, and found that a flat stochastic tint did not do enough to hide the message. The best results were obtained by clicking away on my keyboard in a random fashion for a few minutes, overlapping lines to create full coverage of the hidden image, but not too much to fill it in and allow the hidden message to be readable.

Bret

Bret:
I'm still interested in this. Did you just happen to have a pair of "colored lens glasses" laying around that you were experimenting with hidden patterns? Where do the glasses come in with your experiment?

I found a reference to Red Reveal and a company called Visionet New Media, in the UK. They appear to be reorganizing and information about the product is scarce.

I've learned that it can be done with two metameric inks, but that will be too expensive, and unlike the current product that a certain customer likes. That would seem to take it out of the digital printing window, and sounds expensive. I want to do it on an Indigo because the run lengths are small but numerous.

We'll keep the cause alive, and let me know if you have any other ideas. Or others on the planet that are interested/intrigued.

John Lind
Cranberry Township, PA
724-776-4718

Bret:
I'm still interested in this. Did you just happen to have a pair of "colored lens glasses" laying around that you were experimenting with hidden patterns? Where do the glasses come in with your experiment?

I found a reference to Red Reveal and a company called Visionet New Media, in the UK. They appear to be reorganizing and information about the product is scarce.

724-776-4718

Yep, my boss had some 3D glasses from an old project, and a customer was interested in a red reveal game piece. I just used the red lens to verify the readability.

Here is a site I found out of Tennesee with 3D and decoder glasses:
3D Paper Glasses - American Paper Optics, Paper 3D Glasses, 3-D Glasses Manufacturer

Bret

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back